This is a nice comfort food recipe to have in your repertoire. The sauce is pretty all-purpose and can be used for different cuts and types of meat, even for grilling.
Works well served with rice and veggies.
The drumsticks even taste good cold-a picnic option?
What would I do without Recipezaar? (Recipe below)
* 8-12 chicken drumsticks
* 1 cup soy sauce
* 1 cup brown sugar, packed
* 1 cup water
* 3 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
* 1 teaspoon ginger (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
2. Brown chicken pieces in hot oil.
3. While chicken is browning, mix together the soy sauce, sugar, water, and ginger.
4. Add the sauce to the chicken.
5. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low and let simmer, uncovered, for about 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is done and sauce has thickened.
6. Turn chicken pieces occasionally during cooking process.
7. Serve over cooked rice.(We use short grain "sticky rice" prepared in a rice cooker.).
8. Serve excess sauce along side, people always seem to want more of it.
9. To reduce the calories, skinless chicken may be used.