Saturday, June 5, 2010

How to Make Basic Chicken Salad

Just a snack or meal standby that you can tweak to fit your personal taste.

I crave tuna every once in a while, but it's hard to find here. So I have to substitute with chicken (of the land). Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about mercury...

Recipe after the jump:



Ingredients:
-1/2 lb cooked chicken, shredded
-1 celery stalk, diced
-mayonnaise
-salt and pepper to taste
-fresh or dried herbs
-additional flavor components of your choice!

Directions:
-Mix; chill in order for flavors to mingle. Serve as is or on a sandwich.

Additional comments:

I like onions, but unfortunately my stomach can't always handle them. One solution is to use a seasoned salt. More additions include curry, chutney, pineapple, grapes, or nuts. For flavoring you can try dill, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, mustard, etc.

You can always make a "melt" by throwing some cheese on top and heating it up in the toaster oven. I wish I had a toaster oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment