Friday, December 16, 2011

How to Make Scrumptious Scrambled Eggs

My food photography needs help...
I think I am sadder about this blog's neglect than my other one. 7 months? Recipes are USEFUL. I will try to catch up over the holidays.

Here is a standby breakfast recipe, in the meantime.

I'm a rather sloppy, yet ambitious cook. Which means that I like to jump right into big projects without learning the basics of kitchen chemistry.

Today, I decided to learn how to make simple, scrambled eggs. But the taste is far from simple, especially after experimenting with kefir. YUM!

Scrambled eggs for 1 (makes a small portion; double if you like a hearty breakfast!)
1 large egg
1-2 tbsp kefir
1 pat of butter
salt and pepper

Directions:
-Heat a non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Add butter. While butter is heating up, whisk the eggs, kefir, and seasoning together.
-Carefully pour egg mixture into pan. Let sit for a minute while the bottom layer sets and then GENTLY begin to move them around.
-When almost cooked through, turn off heat and allow to cook the rest of the way, nudging with the spatula if necessary.

P.S. I read this tip here: If you like them a little drier, use water. If you like them moist, use milk (kefir, cream, etc.).


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick and easy. This made some great filling for breakfast tacos. This was a great use for some leftover Easter ham. Thanks for an easy tasty recipe.if you want more info about this topic then visit how to make scrambled eggs.

    ReplyDelete