Time to FINALLY post those recipes I've been thinking about for...oh, the past month or so!
Now that the nori wrappers and things like pickled ginger are sold in St. Petersburg and the other ingredients are fairly basic, it seems more practical.
Ingredients (use your own judgment for quantities):
chilled cooked sushi rice (sticky)
cured salmon (the "salted" variety is used here)
cream cheese (a Russian "tvorog" or "brynza" can be substituted, and herbs and other flavorings can always be added)
bowl of water for dipping hands
1) Dip fingertips in water and dribble some drops of water on the wrapper.
2) Take some rice and spread it out with your hands.
3) Starting at bottom edge, line up other ingredients, leaving space at the top.
4) Sprinkle water on top edge again and roll up, starting from the bottom. Place on plate and continue making rolls.
5) Slice into rolls and serve.