Thursday, July 15, 2010

How to Make Russian-Style Beet Salad

This is sort of like "vinegret," a Russian salad made from beets and other veggies. I'm not strict about the recipe though, so it's more Russian "inspired" than the real thing. But all in all, beet salads can be pretty tasty, healthy, and colorful!





Ingredients:
3-4 beets, boiled, cooled, peeled, and chopped
3-4 carrots, boiled, cooled, peeled, and chopped
3-4 pickles, chopped
chopped fresh onion, to taste
salad oil
apple cider vinegar
fresh dill
salt and pepper
other possible ingredients: boiled potatoes, canned green peas, scallions

Directions:
1) Boil vegetables, let cool.
2) Chop veggies as they are ready, mix together in bowl.
3) Add a few tablespoons each of oil and vinegar, mix.
4) Add dill, salt, and pepper.
5) Adjust seasonings.

-I missed the potatoes this time! I think I like it better with them included.

-I've also tried a fresh (uncooked) beet and carrot salad, very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment